In Japan, Steve and C.J.'s wedding dishes up one disaster after another -- from a maid of honor who's MIA to a talking toilet with an amazing appetite.
Arriving in Japan, Steve confronts Kimmy over D.J.'s confession while Matt still plans to propose to D.J. in Japan. After a mishap where C.J.'s wedding dress gets sucked inside of a high-powered talking toilet, Steve takes Kimmy's advice and goes to confess everything to D.J. at dinner that night but relents after hearing her accept Matt's proposal and decides not to intervene in their relationship.
At Steve and C.J.'s wedding the next day, D.J. (serving as a reluctant C.J.'s maid of honor) accidentally drops their wedding rings into the mouth of a 1,000-year-old fish that swims over a waterfall. D.J. jumps down the waterfall to save the rings while Steve jumps down the waterfall to save D.J. This event makes the two realize they are both still very much in love with each other as Steve calls off his wedding to C.J. and D.J. breaks off her engagement to Matt.
- Candace Cameron Bure as D.J. Tanner-Fuller
- Jodie Sweetin as Stephanie Tanner
- Andrea Barber as Kimmy Gibbler
- Soni Nicole Bringas as Ramona Gibbler
- Michael Campion as Jackson Fuller
- Elias Herger as Max Fuller
- Dashiell and Fox Messitt as Tommy Fuller Jr.
- Juan Pablo Di Pace as Fernando Guerrero
- Scott Weinger as Steve Hale
- John Brotherton as Matt Harmon
- Virginia Williams as C.J.
- McKenna Grace as Rose Harbenberger
- This episode contains a special Japan theme song, with English subtitles.
- The cast actually went to Japan to film this episode.
- The title of this episode is a take on the title of the 1997 movie, My Best Friend's Wedding.
- Ramona's phone changes between the scene at the Cat Cafe and the scene on the street, this is likely because part of the episode was filmed at WB Studios so Soni would've used her phone for the "On Location" scenes and her characters phone on set.
| The image gallery for My Best Friend's Japanese Wedding may be viewed here.