|V - E - H - DHelp, Rules and Guidelines|
|Basics||Wiki Guidelines | Community Corner | Administrators | Layout Guide|
|Guidelines|| Ship Guidelines | Chat Guidelines | Blocking Guidelines|
Userboxes | Administrator Guidelines | Chat Moderator Guidelines| Rollback Guidelines
Chat Moderators are Wiki users who keep watch over the chat room and have the power to kick and ban users from the Chat if they are misbehaving. Users must apply for the position. They are given all the tools necessary to do this job—much like an Administrator has been given additional tools to perform their jobs in the main space.
The tools a Chat Moderator has access to are official warnings, kicking, and banning users. Chat mods should make visitors feel welcome, and not uncomfortable in any way. If a Chat Moderator purposely does make you feel uncomfortable, please consult to one of our Administrators. Their behavior should reflect policy. Chat Moderators are identifiable in chat when a yellow star is visible next to their name.
- Keep watch over the chat making sure the chat guidelines are being followed.
- Answer questions regarding editing and policies (pointing users to correct pages).
- Issue a warning before kicking/banning someone from chat. (Kicking a user from chat, just because they asked to be is not permitted.)
- Resolving conflict diplomatically.
- Maintain an overall mature and friendly demeanor when interacting with other users.
Moderators are expected to only kick users who continue to break policy after being given one warning. If the chat is moving very fast, the warning may be missed by the user in which case the warning should be given via private message.
Users who knowingly break the rules on a continual or daily basis do not need to keep being warned or kicked before a ban may be issued. If you believe a fellow moderator has kicked or blocked another user wrongly, the issue should be taken up via private message. Under no circumstances should you overturn the decision of another moderator without a prior agreement. Doing so will be taken very seriously.
The minimum requirements for becoming a chat moderator are:
- You have been a registered member on the wiki for at least three months.
- You have not been site-blocked or chat-banned for a period of at least three months.
- You have been consistently active on the wiki's chat.
- You must be familiar with the wiki's editing policies and practices.
- You have been seen helpful around the community and an overall mature individual.